There is always a certain degree of allure tied with mystery. Take the Girl With the Dragon Tatoo. 2 brutal rapes later and you’re not even half way through the book or movie. Now logic says more fucked up shit is on the way. Probably even more disturbing than the stuff you just read or saw. Knowing this we can choose to stop reading — Yet, we never do. We need answers to our questions even if it involves horrific rape scenes and Nazi’s.
Good thing for us the only thing Ms Mr has in common with the bit of Swedish literature above is mystery. As a kid I went as 2 things multiple times for halloween. One was the typical Ninja costume. Black, sleek, bad ass, and classic. The second was a little stranger as I went as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s creation Sherlock Holmes. I loved him.
The internet has had their double brimmed houndstooth lid on for a while now and has nothing on this duo. Fellow Merchants of Swill, I present to you the evidence in the musical who done it case of Ms Mr.
- Ms Mr is made up of one male human being and one female human being.
- They are residing in Brooklyn.
- They are currently unsigned.
- They started writing together about 8 months ago.
- They are originally from the country and moved to NYC.
- The song “Ash Tree Lane” is inspired by Mark Z. Danielewski’s novel, House of Leaves.
- They appear to really like the Labyrinth.
- The vocals sound very much like Florence Welch. (Listen to the Patrick Wolf cover “Time of My Life” for the best example of this.)
Here is the 4 track EP Ghost City all within a cloud.